Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Ultimate American Experience


On April 14, the family went to San Diego to welcome home Lee, who has been in Iraq since September of last year. Tuesday after school we all drove down to the valley (Phoenix) where we spent the night at Adam and Janna's. The next morning we started our 5-hour-trip to San Diego. We arrived at 4, and went straight to David's Bridal, to find Starfox a prom dress. After everybody's help with finding me the perfect dress, we ate a delicious meal at Panda Express (America's greatest invention). Later on we met Christia, who goes to The University of San Diego. She showed us around on campus and after spending some time at the University, we headed out to Camp Pendleton, where Lee is stationed. Lee came home later on that night.
I can honestly say that being there when the soldiers returned to their families from Iraq that night, is by far the best thing I have experienced here in America. There were mothers, fathers, wives, husbands, daughters, sons, grandparents, friends waiting to see their loved ones again. The were all waiting for the feeling that their loved ones was home and safe. I will never forget when Debby hugged Lee for the first time in 7 months. I may only be Starfox, the foreign exchange student from little Norway, but even I felt proud that day.

Day two, we all went to Six Flags, which was a lot of fun. We took rides all day and spent time with Lee as well as the whole family. I had such a great time, I love amusement parks!
































1 comment: